1 Collection and use of personal information
2 What personal information we collect
When you create an Endorsed profile we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, company details, qualifications and present & previous employment.
3 How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to connect you with Top Employer who are recruiting for skills that match your profile.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising.
- We may use your personal information, including the date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use the date of birth to determine the age of Endorsed account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Endorsed, you may not opt-out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Endorsed's products, services, and customer communications.
4 Collection and use of non-personal information
- We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure the quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
- If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
5 Cookies and other technologies
Endorsed's website, online services, interactive applications, email messages, and advertisements may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us better understand user behaviour, tell us which parts of our websites people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and other web technologies as non-personal information.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behaviour on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Endorsed may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
6 Disclosure to third parties
Endorsed will make certain personal information available to Employers that work with Endorsed to provide products and services.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Endorsed to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganisation, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
8 Protection of personal information
Endorsed takes the security of your personal information very seriously. When your personal data is stored by Endorsed, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. iCloud data is stored in encrypted form including when we utilise third party storage.
9 Access to personal information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at www.endorsed.com For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Endorsed is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardise the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Endorsed employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
10 Privacy questions